Apex Legends is a free-to-play sci-fi first-person survival-shooter developed by Respawn and published digitally by Electronic Arts for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (via Origin) on February 4, 2019.
A spin-off of the Titanfall series, Apex Legends brings a modern "battle royale" twist (similar to PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, the Battle Royale mode in Fortnite, and the Blackout mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4) to the fast-paced futuristic universe. As such, some of the series' traditional gameplay elements (including the Titan mechs and wall-running) have been scrapped.
Players can find a variety of weapons in the battlefield, each split into three ammo types (Light, Heavy, and Energy). While all weapons (with some exceptions) have the same rarity, weapon attachments vary in rarity.
In rare occasions, players can find special versions of a weapon (known as Fully Kitted weapons), all of which have a unique predetermined set of attachments (none of which can be replaced). In addition, some of the more powerful weapons (such as the Mastiff and Kraber) are rare-to-find, have ammo that cannot be replenished, and cannot use attachments.
- R-301 Carbine (Light) - Fully-automatic assault rifle with a fast rate-of-fire.
- VK-47 Flatline (Heavy) - Fully-automatic assault rifle with a slow rate-of-fire.
- Hemlok Burst AR (Heavy) - Assault rifle that fires in three-round bursts.
- R-99 SMG (Light) - Fully-automatic sub-machine gun with a fast rate-of-fire.
- Alternator SMG (Light) - Fully-automatic sub-machine gun with a slow rate-of-fire.
- Prowler Burst PDW (Heavy) - Sub-machine gun that fires in five-round bursts.
Light Machine Guns
- M600 Spitfire (Heavy) - Fully-automatic light-machine gun with a consistent rate-of-fire.
- Devotion LMG (Energy) - Fully-automatic light-machine gun with a rate-of-fire that builds up the longer it is firing.
- G7 Scout (Light) - Semi-automatic precision rifle.
- Longbow DMR (Heavy) - Semi-automatic precision rifle that sacrifices magazine size and firing speed for better stopping power and accuracy.
- Triple Take (Energy) - Semi-automatic triple-barreled precision rifle with a fully-horizontal spread.
- Kraber .50-cal Sniper (Unique) - Bolt-action sniper rifle with very high stopping power and accuracy, at the cost of very slow firing. 4 shots per magazine, 8 shots total.
- Mozambique Shotgun (Shotgun) - Fully-automatic triple-barreled shotgun pistol with a three-pellet "triangle" spread.
- EVA-8 Auto (Shotgun) - Fully-automatic shotgun that fires in a "figure-8" spread.
- Peacekeeper (Shotgun) - Lever-action shotgun with a tight "star" spread.
- Mastiff Shotgun (Unique) - Pump-action shotgun with chamber-fed reloading and a powerful fully-horizontal spread. 4 shots per "magazine", 20 shots total.
- RE-45 Auto (Light) - Fully-automatic handgun.
- P2020 (Light) - Semi-automatic handgun.
- Wingman (Heavy) - Double-action revolver with high stopping power.
- Wraith, Interdimensional Skirmisher - Can detect nearby enemies through random whispers. Tactical ability (Into the Void) allows her to phase through dimensions to hide. Ultimate ability (Dimensional Rift) creates a two-way teleportation portal that lasts for one minute.
- Bangalore, Professional Soldier - Can sprint faster while taking enemy fire. Tactical ability (Smoke Launcher) deploys a shoulder-mounted smoke grenade. Ultimate ability (Rolling Thunder) deploys a beacon that calls in a damaging artillery strike.
- Mirage, Holographic Trickster - Can deploy a holographic decoy (and temporarily cloak) when downed. Tactical ability (Psyche Out) deploys a holographic decoy manually to confuse enemies. Ultimate ability (Vanishing Act) cloaks him while deploying a team of holographic decoys. Locked from the start.
- Gibraltar, Shielded Fortress - Can deploy a gun shield to block incoming fire while aiming down the sights. Tactical ability (Dome of Protection) deploys a dome-shield that temporarily blocks attacks. Ultimate ability (Defensive Bombardment) deploys a beacon that calls in a smoke mortar strike.
- Caustic, Toxic Trapper - Tactical ability (Nox Gas Trap) deploys up to eight mines that release deadly gas (which he can track enemies within, using Threat Vision) either when shot or when enemies are in close proximity. Ultimate ability (Nox Gas Grenade) deploys an impact grenade that releases a large cloud of deadly gas. Locked from the start.
- Lifeline, Combat Medic - Faster use of healing items. Improved revival speed. Can deploy a shield wall while reviving. Tactical ability (D.O.C. Heal Drone) deploys a drone that slowly heals nearby teammates. Ultimate ability (Care Package) deploys a supply-filled drop pod from orbit.
- Pathfinder, Forward Scout - Can detect the next ring's location by scanning survey beacons. Tactical ability (Grappling Hook) deploys a grappling hook to quickly reach hard-to-reach places. Ultimate ability (Zipline Gun) deploys a zipline towards a chosen location.
- Bloodhound, Technological Tracker - Can detect (and ping) recent clues left behind from enemies (such as their location and whatever damaged them). Tactical ability (Eye of the Allfather) briefly reveals enemies, traps, and clues in close proximity through walls. Ultimate ability (Beast of the Hunt) temporarily grants Bloodhound enhanced movement speed and Threat Vision.