A remake of Persona 5 featuring new and expanded content. Set to be released October 31, 2019 in Japan, with a Western release coming at some point in 2020.
A freshman high schooler who entered Shujin Academy at the same time as the Protagonist. She wields a rapier and lever-action rifle. She joins the Phantom Thieves in this version of the story.
A school counselor who started working in Shujin after a traumatic incident happens in April. He works as a Confidant.
- Joker now wields a grappling hook in Mementos, allowing him to reach places he couldn't in the original game.
- Some Assist commands can be triggered in daily life, outside of Mementos.
- A new type of super-strong enemy with equally-rewarding treasure might appear in a Palace.
- Additional scenes from a new, third semester can be played at the end of the game.
- Some new locations are now accessible, like Kichijoji.
- New events will happen with Caroline & Justine, including a trip outside of the Velvet Room.
- Revamped in-game text messaging to include picture uploads.
- Better graphics, especially to support the PS4 Pro's capabilities.
- New songs from Shogi Meguro and Lyn, including a new opening theme.
- New animations for some characters' critical moves.
- Different main character portraits.
- Morgana can transform into a human somehow.